Modernist Cooking Made Easy
This affordable book provides all the information you need to get to get started with modernist cooking and molecular gastronomy. It is all presented in an easy to understand format, along with more than 80 recipes, that can be applied immediately in your kitchen.
Modernist Cooking Made Easy covers popular modernist techniques like foams, gels, and spherification as well as many of the ingredients including agar, xanthan gum, and sodium alginate. There are also more than 80 high quality, black and white photographs providing a visual look at many of the recipes and techniques.
Using the recipes and techniques presented in this book you'll be using all the best applications of modernist cooking in your everyday meals and also impressing your friends with some "WOW" recipes on those special occasions.
What You Get
- Nearly 250 pages of easy to follow information about modernist cooking.
- An in-depth look at many of the most popular modernist ingredients such as xanthan gum, sodium alginate, carrageenan, and agar agar.
- A detailed exploration of modernist techniques like spherification, gelling, foaming, thickening, and sous vide.
- More than 80 recipes for gels, foams, sauces, caviars, airs, syrups, gel noodles and marshmallows.
- Directions for how to use modernist techniques and ingredients to make your everyday cooking more convenient.
- More than 400 sous vide time and temperature combinations across 175 cuts of meat, types of fish and vegetables.