The Anti-Griddle is a traditional cooktop with an amazing twist: the device quickly freezes sauces and purees instead of heating them! Inspired by Chef Grant Achatz at Alinea Restaurant in Chicago, this unique innovation opens a new dimension in freezing sauces and purees, crèmes and foams.
Develop solid or semi-frozen creations with stable, crunchy surfaces and cool, creamy centers. The tantalizing dual-textures create a surprising and unique experience in restaurants. On buffets and at catering events, the Anti-Griddle always attracts diners when preparing a frozen appetizer or dessert right in front of their eyes. Let your culinary imagination run wild!
- Quickly freezes sauces and purees into solid, unique forms or freezes just the outer surfaces while maintaining a creamy center
- Minus 30 °F 'griddle' temperature ensures instantaneous results
- Approximately 1 square foot high-endurance cooktop provides an ample, easy-to-clean work surface
Within 5-10 minutes the Anti-Griddle surface will reach a temperature at -30 °F. Applying a thin film of olive oil before freezing the griddle surface will work as a release agent.
Some Anti-Griddle inspired creations:
- Frozen salmon mousse
- Rhubarb Jasmine Merengue
- Caramel-Rosemary vanilla lollipops, liquid center and served on a rosemary stick
- Vanilla-orange swirl with strawberry wings
- Peanut butter brownie in a frozen crème anglaise coating
Cooking Temperature: Fixed at -30 °F / -34.44 °C
Griddle Dimensions: (L x W): 14.5 in x 9.38 in / 36.8 cm x 23.8 cm
Overall Dimensions: (L x W x H): 15.88 x 18.38 x 10.5 in / 40.3 x 46.7 x 26.7 cm
Electrical Power: 120 V 60Hz 6.5 amps / 240 V 50Hz 3.5 amps
The Anti-Griddle is made to order by the manufacturer and not covered within our Standard 5-7 Day shipping time frame since each unit is custom made. The delivery window is typically 2-3 weeks.
Please note that the units which we stock are 110/120v with a US plug. If you require 220/240v you must contact us directly to place a special order. We are unable to accept returns on special orders and also cannot exchange units if you accidentally order the wrong voltage.